The OzCHI Doctoral Consortium offers PhD students the opportunity to present their research plans, and discuss them with peers and senior researchers in a supportive and constructive environment.
The DC in 2018 is a full-day event held on the 4th December. PhD candidates wishing to attend the consortium should submit a research proposal as detailed below. Acceptance into the DC will be offered based on a review of the submitted proposals. There is no fee to attend the consortium. However you must register for at least one day of the OzCHI conference. One or two of our keynote speakers will act as responders, along with the DC Chairs.
20 August 31 August: Doctoral Consortium submissions
- 1 October: Notifications
Submissions must include a research outline (see below) of no more than 2 pages, using the OzCHI proceedings template.
This template is in Word format, but initial submissions should be in PDF format.
There is no template for LaTeX. LaTeX users are responsible for formatting their PDF document following the OzCHI Word template. Unfortunately we are unable to provide support for this.
With the final submission authors will be required to upload both the Word and PDF files.
Please include the following in your submission:
- Working Title
- Context/Background: What is the research about? What is its scope? Why is it important?
- Prior Work: What do the experts in this field say about your area of research? What similar work has been conducted?
- Gap and Research Question: What is the gap in prior work that needs addressing? What research question will your project answer?
- Research Method: How do you propose to answer your question? Justify your method. How long will each stage take? (include timeline with dates)
- Current Situation: How far have you progressed? (include summary of data/results if appropriate) What are your key concerns and obstacles at the moment?
- Bio: Provided a brief biography, including names and affiliation of supervisors, PhD start date and date of expected completion.
How to Submit
Submissions should be in PDF format and emailed directly to the doctoral consortium chairs.
Doctoral Consortium Chairs
Wally Smith, University of Melbourne, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hilary Davis, Swinburne University of Technology, email@example.com