Call for Papers
We invite original contributions on all topics related to human-computer interaction, interaction design and the design of interactive technologies. We welcome submissions from design, engineering, social science, creative industries and other related disciplines.
Research papers should present original research and mature work in the field of human-computer interaction. These papers may describe investigations of user needs or contexts of use, lab-based evaluations or field deployments of prototypes, or other design-led or empirical investigations examining the relationship between people and technology.
We no longer have the category of “Short Papers”, but we are now accepting submissions to the Papers track that are any length between 4 and 10 pages. The length of the paper should correspond to the contribution it makes. Authors are encouraged to consider submitting their work either to the Papers track or to the Late-Breaking Work track, depending on the maturity of the work.
12 June 2020: Paper submission deadline
31 July 2020: Notifications of acceptance
14 August 2020: Publication ready deadline
- Page length: Papers should be between 4 and 10 pages (excluding references).
- Template: Papers must follow the ACM conference proceedings template. Details will be made available via the OzCHI website.
- Anonymisation: Papers should be anonymised. Citations of own work and general anonymisation standards should follow the CHI anonymisation policy.
- Submission format: Papers should be submitted for review in PDF format.
- Submission system: We are planning on using PCS this year, the submission link will be published on the OzCHI website.
Papers will undergo a double-blind review by an international panel and evaluated on the basis of their significance, originality and clarity of writing. This review will be based on the full text of the submitted paper.
We are planning for accepted papers to be published in the ACM International Conference Proceedings Series available from the ACM Digital Library.
At least one author of each accepted paper must register to OzCHI and present the paper at the conference.
Join us in Sydney 01 - 04 December 2020
Naseem Ahmadpour (The University of Sydney)
Tuck Leong (University of Technology, Sydney)
Bernd Ploderer (Queensland University of Technology)
Paper Chairs for OzCHI 2020
Lian Loke (The University of Sydney)
Martin Tomitsch (The University of Sydney)
General Chairs for OzCHI 2020