The OzCHI Doctoral Consortium offers PhD students a special full-day forum where they can present their research plans, and discuss them with their peers and senior researchers in a supportive and constructive environment. PhD candidates wishing to attend the consortium should submit a research proposal in the format below by the submission date below. The proposal should be concrete, based on established literature and clear method of inquiry, with early data presented if available. Positions at the consortium will be offered based on a review of the submitted proposals.
There is no fee to attend the consortium. It is arranged by HCI academics as a service to support our doctoral student community and the research discipline. As we consider this a very important event, each year we invite and support one or two of our keynote speakers to act as responders.
Toni Robertson (University of Technology, Sydney)
Margot Brereton (Queensland University of Technology)
To be advised (watch this space)
Important DatesSubmission: 12 September 2012
Acceptance Notification: 3rd October 2012
Submission must include a research proposal of no more than 4 pages, using the paper template (OzCHI 2012 paper template), with the following structure:
- Working Title
- Context/Background - What is the research about? What it is scope? Why is it important?
- Prior Work - What do the experts in this field say about your area of research? What similar work has been conducted?
- Gap & Research Question - What is the gap in prior work that needs addressing? What research question will your project answer?
- Research Method - How do you propose to answer your question? Justify your method. How long will each stage take? (include timeline with dates)
- Current Situation - How far have you progressed? (include summary of data/results if appropriate) What are your key concerns and obstacles at the moment?
- Biosketch - provided a brief biography, including names and affiliation of supervisors, PhD start date and date of expected completion.
Submissions should be in PDF format and emailed directed to the doctoral consortium chairs at dc.chair[AT]ozchi.org