Student Design Challenge
The OZCHI conference will be preceded by a student design challenge, where teams from around the world will have a 24-hour time period to develop a solution to a given HCI research problem. The top entries will receive prizes and will be invited to present their work at the conference.
How it works:
- Register your team (2-5 members) by 20th September 2012
- On 22nd September 2012 at 10AM (AEST) we will publish the design brief for this year's challenge at ozchi24.org , after which your team will have 24 hours to design a solution.
- You will have to demonstrate your solution in form of a video prototype or concept video, and document your process via a team blog.
- A jury of international experts will select the top entries, which will be invited to present their entries at OzCHI 2012.
- At OzCHI the finalists will present their entries in a dedicated student design challenge session. (Presentations via Skype may be possible, if your team can't attend OzCHI.)
- The finalists will receive certificates of recognition and prizes sponsored by our industry partners during the OzCHI closing ceremony.
20th September 2012 – Registration closes
22nd September 2012, 10AM (AEST) - Challenge begins
23rd September 2012, 10AM (AEST) - Challenge ends
8th October 2012, - Finalists announced
28th November - 30th November 2012 - Finalists present their entries at OZCHI
30th November 2012 - Award ceremony
Challenge chairs and contact:Martin Tomitsch, University of Sydney
Andrew Cain, Swinburne University of Technology
Christoph Wimmer, Vienna University of Technology
For enquiries please email: sdc [AT] ozchi.org
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ozchi24
Videos from the last two years:Winning entry from the 2011 challenge:
Video documentary about the 2010 on-site challenge
Video documentary about the 2009 on-site challenge: