OZCHI Doctoral Consortium
- When: Wednesday 28th November 2007
- Where: University of South Australia City West Campus
North Terrace, Adelaide
South Australia 5000
The Doctoral Consortium offers PhD students a special forum where they can present their research plans and discuss them with their peers and established senior researchers. Our goal is to create a supportive environment that helps students to think through their work. PhD candidates wishing to attend the consortium should submit a research proposal in the format below by the submission date below. Positions at the consortium will be offered based on a review of the submitted proposals.
- 7 September 2007: Doctoral Consortium submission date.
- 3 October 2007: Notification date
Doctorial consortium Chair
- Dr. Margot Brereton ( mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Responders to be announced
Format for Doctoral Consortium (DC) application Applicants for the OZCHI 2007 DC must submit a research proposal of between 1000 and 1500 words (that's roughly 2 x A4 pages in Times 11 point) under the following headings:
- Working Title:
- Brief introduction: What is the research about and why is it important to do it?
- Aims and objectives of the research: What do you hope to achieve or find out?
- Synopsis of related literature: What do the main writers in this field say about your project?
- Proposed method: How do you propose to achieve your aims and objectives? Timeline: How long will it take to do all this? (Include some dates and milestones)
- Activities to date: What data have you collected? What have you designed? How will you work with your data to construct arguments/evidence? If you don't yet have data, say how you plan to collect it.
- State succinctly the contribution that your thesis will make.
- Where do you need most help?